“A human being: an ingenious assembly of portable plumbing.” ~ Christopher Morley
From the day we are born, we are plumbers of the human body. Maintain and fixing the ingenious assembly of portable plumbing within ourselves. Because of this natural plumbing skill, there is within each and every one of us a “professional” plumber ready to face the plumbing problems that plague our homes and the comfort of our friends and family. While many people would love to transform into a well-trained plumber during these urgent situations, most of us do not have the privilege of such talent. So what defines a true plumber?
Guidelines for a True Plumber
- You helped recover a portion of a water plumbing system from the Pyramid of Cheops in Egypt during an archeological dig;
- You keep a plunger under your bed and an auger on your person at all times;
- You were named after Sir John Harington, the man credited for inventing the flushable toilet and hence the American nickname – the john;
- Your weapon of choice when faced with a leaky pipe is the mighty wrench;
- Your goal in life is to maintain and protect the plumbing world as we know it, for the good of humanity;
- And, your dream is to one day work for a state-famous plumbing company.
In reality, every plumber should be well trained, polite, accountable, experienced, professional, timely and passionate about what they do. These are the standards we value and require for each of the plumbers we hire at Cartwright’s Plumbing. If you hold these same values and are looking for a great opportunity, Cartwright’s would love to welcome you into our coalition of licensed plumbers. Contact us today to learn more.