Simple routine maintenance and upkeep of your home’s HVAC system can save you a lot of money and prolong the life of your system. It’s an easy chore to put off, but you won’t want to be stuck with a broken HVAC in the middle of the summer or winter season. Follow this simple checklist to keep your home at comfortable temperatures year-round.
- Change your HVAC air filter every 30-90 days depending on the quality of filter you purchase. This simple and inexpensive maintenance can ensure your system keeps harmful particles like dust, bacteria, pollen and pet dander out of your air ducts.
- Clear leaves, debris and other matter away from your outdoor unit. This will keep your unit running smoothly. Remember to keep landscaping and other foliage at least two feet from the unit.
- Keep furniture and drapes from covering supply and return registers.
- Ensure your outdoor unit is on level ground. Due to unpredictable outdoor elements, your unit can shift or sink with the land over time.
- Schedule an annual HVAC maintenance appointment with the experts at Cartwrights. Our technicians will walk you through important maintenance like checking the refrigerant charge, preventing clogs in your condensate drain, inspecting gas pressure and exchangers, ensuring system controls are all functioning and various other maintenance that will save you money on energy bills and keep your HVAC system running smoothly.
Cartwrights has been fixing and preventing all kinds of HVAC problems for decades. Our experienced technicians offer free estimates and 24/7 emergency service when you need it most. Call Cartwrights or schedule service online today - mention that you found us online for an additional $50 off your next service!